Friday, November 26, 2010

Fixing A Broken Heart

How do you fix a broken heart? It is an age old question.

Getting over an ex can be very hard to do. Having a broken heart is one of the most miserable experiences we can have.

I've had my heart broken many times. Each time I handled them a little different.

One of the most therapeutic ways I learned to deal with a break up was to write down my feelings in poems. You can express your feelings about your broken heart, and it feels good to write them down on paper. Once you start writing, you will be able to see some of the issues you didn't see during the relationship.

Another way to get over your ex, and fix your broken heart? Keep busy. Go hang out with some friends. Friends can be a great way to get your mind off of your ex. Don't make the mistake of talking about your ex the whole time. This will no doubt cause tears. Not that you shouldn't talk to your friends about the break up, but when you go out to get your mind off of your ex, try not to talk about your ex.

How about a new hobby? Pick up a hobby that will keep you busy. Having a hobby can get your mind off of your ex and be exciting. You'd be surprised how much you won't have time to think of your ex when your busy doing a project.

This all sounds like it is an easy solution. I understand that no matter what you do, your ex will pop into your mind quite a bit. But keeping yourself occupied will help make the transition that much easier.

There is a great book that I read called "The Magic Of Making Up", by T 'Dub' Jackson. It really helped me get through the breakups and start fixing my broken heart.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment